Have Fun With Accent Walls in Your Sacramento Area Home!
Like many things that come and go, accent walls are becoming the "in" thing again. Personally, I don’t know why they trend, because I think they are always a great choice. They allow you to have fun with pops of color, wallpaper, wood in a less permanent way. Even if you get tired of an accent wall in 2 years, the cost is minimal to change it. So..take a chance and have fun with color!
Things to keep in mind when you are picking accent walls and colors:
1) Choose a wall without windows or doors if possible, you don’t want any distractions.
2) Consider the other walls in the room; they should be neutral so they don’t fight for attention.
3) Keep your furniture, rugs, and decor in mind. If you have a really bold color theme, then maybe an accent wall isn’t the right fit for that particular room.
4) When you pick the color, look at those same furnishings and pull colors from there. Maybe you love a certain rug; you can pick a color from the rug for your accent wall!
5) Remember that accents don't have to be a wall. You can do accent cabinets, ceilings, niche’s instead.
The main thing to remember is to have fun with the colors. You aren’t committing to something for the next 20 years, and you can change it when you get tired of it. Call Brooks Painting for an estimate on your accent walls, and let us help you pick the perfect colors and locations. We serve Solano, Yolo, and all of Sacramento counties.